- Stop shooting immediately, await further instruction.
- Can be called out by anyone on the firing line.
- Used for both emergency and routine cease fire.
- Should be repeated by all to ensure shooters have heard the command.
“Make Firearms Safe”
- All shooters make firearms safe by removing magazines and ammunition from the chamber and holding bolt in the open position.
- Bolts that will not hold open mechanically will be held open with the use of a chamber flag.
- Shooter will then step away from the firing line.
“Range Is Now Safe, You May Go Down Range”
- At this time shooters may pass the safety line or past the bench and go down range.
- No firearm or ammunition handling allowed.
- It is also important to make your activities known – if you are placing a target at the 50 yard range and also at 200 yards – communicate this with your fellow shooters.
“Have All Returned?” (from down range)
- All shooters will observe down range and the firing line and verbally respond with an affirmative if all have returned.
“Make Ready Eyes and Ears”
- Don safety equipment, eye and hearing protection.
“Range Is Hot, Commence Firing”
- Shooters may load firearms and commence shooting. Do not pass the safety line or past the shooting bench.